[Magdalen] Bp. Wright OKs same sex weddings

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jun 30 19:32:50 UTC 2015

In a message dated 6/30/2015 3:15:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

Which Bishop of Madison? They've pretty much all been horrid. The  present
one, Morlino, is particularly odious, and IMO, Pope Francis would  >>>>

I don't recall.  This was about 1983, so the Bishop would date from  that
era.

I don't know the RC situation in Madison well, but I am puzzled over  their
foot-dragging re: building a new Saint Raphael's Cathedral.  The
original was set fire a half a dozen years ago, and all they've done  was
to restore the landmark tower.

If the present Bishop had any real energy, you'd think he'd move  ahead
with the new Cathedral.  It's also possible that the Diocese got its  hands
on the insurance moneys, and now doesn't want to cough them up for
the new structure.

David Strang.