[Magdalen] Kaddish [was Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 21:43:08 UTC 2015

One of my good friends in jr. high/high school was from Tel Aviv and
eventually returned there. She became an archaelogist and is well known for
her work in marine archaeology. At the time of our 40th class reunion she
cautioned us all that Israel was just "not a very nice place now." Like my
other dear Israeli friends, she is a leftist and no friend of Bibi. All my
Israeli friends feel "stuck" for various reasons. Michal was born there, a
true sabra. Neil emigrated in the early 1970s. Noa was raised both in the
US and Israel but her parents were immigrants to Israel from a country that
did not want them. Yitzhak was a stateless person before he was deported to
Israel. They all love their country, but....! Kind of like some of us that
are pretty unhappy with the way things are here presently, I guess.