[Magdalen] Kaddish [was Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 02:58:06 UTC 2015

Definitely no prayer in the public schools of Madison, Wisconsin. I don't
think it would have gone over at all well. Even when I was a child it was
the People's Republic of Madison ;-> I don't recall praying in kindergarten
in Lincoln, Nebraska, either. When I was in high school there was a
school-wide assembly with a motivational speaker who turned out to be
Christian-based. Hell was raised, and it began with the students, not the
parents. This was in 1959, IIRC.