[Magdalen] Kaddish [was Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Mon Mar 2 12:27:06 UTC 2015

That persisted in Ontario much longer. When I was in elementary school,
we said the Lord's Prayer every day. If I found the right info on
Wikipedia, the court ruling that started to change that came in 1988,
about the time I was in seventh grade. I do recall learning the Lord's
Prayer in French, which probably meant that the court ruling (or the
effect trickling down to my school board) was after I started grade
seven (since I was in French immersion classes for half-days in seventh
and eighth grades).

By my time in school, though, O Canada was firmly established as the
Canadian national anthem and God Save the Queen was never sung in
school. (When I was in the school band, we played it for the town's
Remembrance Day ceremony and I sang it with various choirs, both for
Remembrance Day ceremonies and for a diocesan evensong for an
anniversary of the queen's coronation.)

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins