[Magdalen] Kaddish [was Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:59:55 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 6:27 AM, Kristin Rollins <kristin at verumsolum.com> wrote:
> That persisted in Ontario much longer. When I was in elementary school,
> we said the Lord's Prayer every day.

I don't remember any prayers in my public schools in Michigan, just
the Pledge of Allegiance. I think we may have sung "America the
Beautiful" some days as well.

I just remember a classmate, Dawn, who was funny to watch during group
recitations or singing because she had her own pronunciations for many
words (but not in regular conversation, other than the usual hard
words for kids to say): "For purple montems majesties, above the
pruited frain." Now I wonder if her parents had told her, "If they
make you say anything like a prayer, or patriotic thing, mess up the
words a bit." :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA