[Magdalen] whose theology is this?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Mar 2 14:08:37 UTC 2015

From: James Oppenheimer-Crawford

>1. It's not true.  Individuals do change big things.  I read that a
>corporation is giving its employees a raise, and it's due to you and me
>signing petitions and promising not to shop there until they grow up.

Not a scintilla of evidence for this, but people often like to delude themselves
in causes they support. It's up there with the stupidity of the notion that
stopping Keystone XL will somehow affect Global Climate Change.

>2. It's hard to make change happen even locally, so far as that goes.

I dunno. Lost of unpleasant people have taken over school boards to get rid of
things like teaching evolution or history as anything but dead white men
advocating things they never cared much about.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie