[Magdalen] Kaddish [was Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 2 16:59:55 UTC 2015

I have never come across the last two stanzas you quote.  In this less
bellicose (?) and more generous (?) age the plea to scatter our enemies
is often omitted and the stanza asking for the nations to be one family
the wide world o'er substituted.  Most of us this side of the pond
(including me) can only remember the first stanza, which is generally
the only one sung, and need to have the words in front of us if we are
to sing any more - generally only two or three name;y 1, 3 and 4 in your
version.

Roger