[Magdalen] prayers for my former parish

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 02:19:45 UTC 2015

Okay, so I had a chat with the senior warden of All Saints who is an old
friend and here's what's happening. They *had* a PIC, appointed by the Bp.,
and the vestry had voted to call him, with the Bp's permission. So last
week he called the sr. warden and asked to speak to her privately and it
turned out he was giving his two weeks' notice to accept an interimship at
another parish. So they were back to square one. It was right after that
that this other mess started. She suspects that although she had asked the
vestry to keep the whole thing private, someone, and she is pretty sure she
knows who, had leaked the info to someone who is very close to the former
rector.  She is extremely upset with the person trumpeting it all over
Facebook. So am I, and I would unfriend him except that I want to stay on
top of what's happening. She did say that the Bp. is a man to be reckoned
with. I also have received a message from someone I don't know encouraging
me to contact the Bp. and let my feelings be known. I may have to do that
after all.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 6:17 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com