[Magdalen] whose theology is this?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 02:36:29 UTC 2015

Why is it that the people who have the least are the most apt to be the
first to help? When I was doing home health, it was the poorest people on
my route who insisted on sharing their meals, however meager they might be
(and they'd be offended if they weren't accepted!). In the video many of
you may have seen online recently, of a kid shivering in the cold, it was a
homeless man who offered his jacket. (Admittedly, that was an experiment,
but it could just as well have been real, and the man who offered his
jacket did not know it wasn't real.) People who have little know what it's
like not to have, so they give what little they have to give. People who
have more hold on to what they have because they're afraid of not having
enough. The people who have too much have no concept of what it's like not
to have enough, and IMNSHO most of them don't care.