[Magdalen] Unexpected Pleasure.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 08:35:05 UTC 2015

Re: Swedenborgians in Philadelphia:

I photographed the Bryn Athryn Cathedral some years ago.
I got a sort of creepy feeling doing so.  I checked first with  the
church office, and they wanted to know who I was and what  my
purpose was, and then someone followed me about the entire  time
I was inside.

The story of the building of this church is quite interesting.   They
originally hired the premier collegiate gothic architect in the  USA,
Ralph Adams Cram, but the wealthy Scot who was bankrolling  the
church (Pitcairn) disagreed with Cram at every step until  Cram
finally simply bowed out and they finished the building on their  own.

David Strang.