[Magdalen] Spring is sprung

Roger Stokes r.s.stokes.65 at cantab.net
Tue Mar 3 23:37:20 UTC 2015

Yesterday out walking with a group I saw on a grass bank snowdrops,
daffodils and crocuses.  This brings to mind the verse
Spring is spring, the grass is is
I wonders where the birdies is.
The bird is on the wing, they say, but that's absurd.
How can the bird be on the wing when the wing is on the bird?

Here is a report of more than a wing being on the bird.  It was a weasel
on the bird which a photographer was able to snap.  I am glad to report
that after bird and load had landed he walked towards them, the weasel
dismounted (probably somewhat surprised by his flight) and the bird flew
away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31711446

Roger