[Magdalen] The robins are here! The robins are here!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Mar 7 17:07:50 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/7/2015 10:50:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

And  they're decimating my holly trees.  I opened the door this morning and
 heard them everywhere!  In a few days they'll be gone...and so will most
of the berries.
This is one of my favorite spring  moments...>>>

This is a double rub!

Not only do you have robins already, but you can grow holly  trees.

Both of these are not happening here now.

We will get the robins, of course, but except in more sheltered
areas such as the local Wyoming Valley, American Holly, and
certainly not English Holly do not survive.  Tree hollies are a
no go here in the Mountains.

OTOH, we do have the various Asian shrub hollies, and they
have nice red and even black berries.

David Strang - From the Upper Midwest where there are zero hollies
of any stripe.  Hollies cannot take that -30 F  stuff.