[Magdalen] Spring is sprung

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Mar 7 20:21:56 UTC 2015

In Buffalo, we may get snow as we "spring forward" (not unusual).  But
today was above or near freezing, and our huge mounds of snow (freshened by
a wind that feels warm despite cool temps) melt and evaporate from drifts
and plowed piles.  Inch by inch, it is safer to drive down our side-street,
and cars can park nearer and nearer the curbs.  Since I depart early for
services tomorrow morning, I have parked in the street, rather in the
driveway.   My car sits almost at a 45 degree angle on banks of snow, in
order to keep the road as clear as possible (and my car and side-mirrors
safe from side-swiping).  Next week promises above-freezing temps all
week.  I look forward to it; maybe I can finally rescue and fill my bird
feeders.  Next year I'll re-think their winter placement!

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu