[Magdalen] "Formal Speech"

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 00:59:06 UTC 2015

I don't care too awfully much about split infinitives or ending a sentence
with a preposition, but there are some things that drive me absolutely
nuts. "Between you and I" will just about make me scream out loud, and
"between she and I" makes me want to hit someone or something.
"Irregardless" is merely irritating, but "flaunt" instead of "flout" is a
teeth-grinder. And don't get me started on spelling errors, especially
online ones....obiously proofreading is a lost art.