[Magdalen] 130% Vit C.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 04:39:04 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/8/2015 9:19:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lesleymdv at gmail.com writes:

Some  (most? all?) fruit juices, and tonight I see even tomato juice, adds
ascorbic  acid to the point of bringing the total up to 130%?  I can see
100%, if  even that is considered necessary.  But what's so special about  130%?

Linus Pauling was responsible for popularizing the concept that  vitamin
C (ascorbic acid) was the cure all/prevent all for colds and other
infections.
Dosages suggested then were extremely high.

It's been shown to be a false concept.

The human body will accept about 75mg per day, and the rest goes in  the
urine, making for a very acid urine.

More than the required dosage is largely a waste.

David Strang.