[Magdalen] Cancer consultation (almost).

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 11 00:29:26 UTC 2015

Minor stuff, but it had me on edge till it was over.  My dentist recently saw what he thought was a suspicious white growth in various places in my mouth.  So, out of an abundance of caution he sent me down the street to my "family oral surgeon" (the guy who 23 years ago sawed my lower jaw out and re-positioned it in a less-underbiting way) for a consult.  Doc Oral couldn't find anything other than the usual in a mouth owned by a "cheek-chewer", and the stuff on my upper palate I told Doc Dentist was pizza burn, indeed (amazing) was exactly that and disappeared in due course, not to be found today.

Way cautious on Doc Dentist's part, but with my family cancer history, it made more than 51% sense.  I got the standard question today, though:  "Do you smoke?"  "Nope."  "Well, you're fine then. Let's get some pictures anyway."

$146 minus insurance was never spent more wisely, I guess.