[Magdalen] Serious surfer!

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 09:36:54 UTC 2015

We have seals.

When I was a kid, you never saw an adult seal. Just babies. And
they might nip but were mostly playful. Unfortunately, back then,
fisherman thought of seals as fish thieves, so when fishing wasn't
good and they had some free time, they used to go out to the seal
basking grounds (rocks and sandbars offshore) and kill them.

With the passage of the Marine Mammals Protection Act, that
became illegal. And now we find ourselves swimming with seals
that are much bigger than we are.

But they're not crocodiles, TBTG.
-M