[Magdalen] Calvary is the New Cavalry.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 09:46:11 UTC 2015

The LV and LR combinations are particularly difficult, and if you don't
learn them as a child they're extremely hard to learn as an adult.
Also LM (many people pronounce elm as ellum).

Like the English TH for French speakers, the Spanish or
French R for English speakers, the English R for Japanese
speakers. Successfully learning these as an adult is a
real achievement.
-M

By contrast, 20th and 21st century handwriting is awful, and since  the