[Magdalen] Mike and Pretzels

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:56:58 UTC 2015

Oh my word, Marion. I'm so sorry...have been somewhat distracted of late
and not following every thread. It did not occur to me that a thread about
Pretzels could result in a list-sib being upset enough to unsub (though as
yet I hope Mike has not done that).

The trouble is, we never know when someone else might be in a wobbly,
sensitive place and at any time or season a post that offers abruptness,
implied criticism or a subtext about "not belonging" or "not being our sort
of person" could cause hurt and rejection.

But you are right, Lent does seem particularly prone to this in our
collective experience. Let us not lay ourselves open to temptation but turn
our hearts over to God. Forbearance is as much needed online (or more
needed) than it is in ordinary life.

Sally D