[Magdalen] Prayer request

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Fri Mar 13 18:32:09 UTC 2015

If I could be added to the prayer list, please…

Life has been rough the past month or so. I did not once get to church
in February, partly because of the weather, partly because of other
reasons.

There is nothing big that is wrong, but all sorts of little keeps piling
up and grabbing me. I hope that the passing of the wintry weather will
help, but there is a whole lot of pushing through fears required and
that gets tiring.

But I am still pushing on. I made it to church on Sunday morning for the
first time in over a month. Even risked going to my parish from 2009-10
for the first time on a Sunday morning as Kristin. (I had played the
organ for one funeral as Kristin, but mostly stayed up in the organ loft
that day.) And I have been making it fairly regularly to the Y to use
the treadmill and yesterday crossed the line where my BMI (for what it
is worth) no longer calls me obese but merely overweight. About ten and
a half months of work to get this far. The next time the scale goes down
by a fraction of a pound, I will reach 85 pounds lost. The pants I
bought because the ones I had been wearing were too loose are themselves
getting to the point where I dare not wear them if my hands will be
full. And while I am not there yet, this week was the first time I
really started pushing myself to answer "what is the end goal." I have a
number in mind. It isn't so much "that is the number I want to be," but
it is probably in the ballpark. But even if I did not lose another
pound, what I have done so far is an accomplishment. And I am far
happier with how much of me there is today than I was when I started…
mostly in ways that I did not realize until making the changes in my
life (mostly just wearing a Fitbit and really working to get an hour of
walking in pretty close to daily, weather permitting, and paying
attention to the calories I was eating and making better choices around
food).

So there are plenty of good things to celebrate, but that doesn't always
temper the stresses and fears of life.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins