[Magdalen] RIP Sir Terry Pratchett

Robert Rea gapetard at stsams.org
Fri Mar 13 19:44:08 UTC 2015

On Friday, March 13, 2015 01:07:08 PM ME Michaud wrote:
> I sat with my mother as she was dying and I was ASTONISHED at
> the similarities with labor and childbirth. Many years later I had a
> friend who was a doula, and she said the same. Her father's dying
> was more like childbirth than she ever would have imagined.
>
> I remember thinking it was as if my mother were giving birth to
> her new self.

A friend in my parish died as she was being bathed. We thought of Baptism, but
the analogy to birth seems appropriate.

-
Bob Rea
mailto:gapetard at stsams.org
http://www.petard.us
http://www.petard.us/blog
http://www.petard.us/gallery

What do you say to Jesus when he comes again?
Where have you been? You said you were coming right back.