[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 20:10:34 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/13/2015 4:03:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

I  never liked mitres much, but The Coneheads just
pushed me right over the  edge, I'm tellin' ya.
-M>>>

When I attended the Minneapolis GC in the 1970's - the one that
approved the '82 Prayer Book, and the OW - I looked at the
many liturgical boutiques outside the arena, and watched with
interest while the then Bishop of South Carolina was measured
by an Almy employee for a new mitre.

Mason Martens, who was noted for his snarky comments, and who
was with me on this occasion muttered, "I can't tell you the number
of priests I have known who have already been measured for
a mitre, and are awaiting their election to the episcopacy  somewhere".

David S.