[Magdalen] Calvary is the New Cavalry.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 04:43:48 UTC 2015

I have heard in the Army lots of references to various mounted infantry
units, generally called cavalry, and these are just as likely to be called
calvary as cavalry.

I've never heard the reverse, however.  That would make an easily
pronounced word harder to speak, but one never knows, does one?

We ought to have some sort of team on the job, finding jobs for those out
of work words like nuculus, which lack a true definition.  We can't say
they do not exist, because they obviously do exist.

Seems like a word that slips so easy off the tongue ought to have a good
respectable meaning.  Gome on folks!  Let's give "nuculus" a good
definition. Then maybe it will think about leaving poor ol' "nucleus" alone.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford