[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 14 14:15:41 UTC 2015

> Chanting runs counter to what is preferred of most singing in the
> 21st century.  One needs to be careful not to inject too much
> personal sound into it.  IOW one needs to be careful not to sing

Well, you've got to keep faith as obscure as possible. Wouldn’t want anyone to
know or understand anything about it -- particularly in music -- if doing so
varies with what was done 500 years ago, eh?

Our goal should be to reach people where they are **today** not to play church.

One might want to look Figure 15 and Figure 17 at:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/files/documents/new_facts_on_growth_2014.pdf

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie