[Magdalen] Calvary is the New Cavalry.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Mar 14 16:38:43 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/14/2015 10:36:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

there's  a word in sanskrit for it (which I can't  remember).>>>

In the ancient days, premedical requirements included either
Greek or Latin (and either French or German).  I had the Latin
and French language requirements out of the way, but I took the
"remedial" course in Origin of Greek and Latin Medical Terms
anyway because I had heard the Professor Howard (also a
strong member of Grace Episcopal on-Capitol-Square, Madison)
was a great teacher.

He was that and more.

He would take terms beyond the Greek and Latin, and was always
referring to Sanskrit for comparisons.  He even got into Proto-
Indo-European, and kept us spellbound all the while.

As they say in the R&H song in "Oklahoma":  (S)He went about as  far
as (s)he could go!

David S.