[Magdalen] Rhubarb cookies

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sun Mar 15 01:19:22 UTC 2015

Yes, you dig the roots (or go to one of those old timey "Olde Country
Stores" somewhere) clean 'em up real good, and boil them.  It's best
sweetened a little, and tastes a little like hot root beer.  I also grew
asparagus in East Tennessee.  But as a little girl I have this vague memory
of going with my parents to some guy's house who had his whole front yard
(it seemed to the little me) planted in asparagus.  We cut it and took it
home.  I always loved asparagus, even when my mother served me the canned
kind, kind of grayish and mushy.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY