[Magdalen] RIP Sir Terry Pratchett

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 07:57:16 UTC 2015

We go to a local family medical practice. We often see ladies and gentlemen
from local residences for the mentally challenged.  The practitioner we
have is a really nice guy who is a great listener. He works with my spouse
on some issues she has which are regarded by many as controversial (the
condition is "in your head"), and the meds he has suggested are helping her
tremendously, in addition to regular massages which have helped reduce
muscle aches, and in general made it possible for her to function for a
number of years, despite the fact that the ailment she "has" is said by
some not to even exist. He chats with me about my blood pressure as if if
it were the main issue of importance at the UN today.

We don't have end-of-life issues just yet, but I think if I did, he would
be one I would trust.

We feel fortunate, to put it mildly.

When I was working at the psychiatric hospital, I encountered several
physicians.  Some of them were genuine healers.  They are out there, but
there's no directory for that quality, unfortunately.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford