[Magdalen] Rhubarb cookies

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 11:43:04 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 3:16 AM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford <
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recall how much the white asparagus was loved in Germany. It was a bit
> pricey, due to the covering by hand with soil, I would assume.

Our housing area was next to one of those large Spargel fields between
Heidelberg and Schwetzingen. During the short season, the local restaurants
featured the asparagus with a choice of sauces; the meat was listed as a
side dish. We discovered that the local farmer's market on the square in
Schwetzingen had a decent price for the asparagus. A substantial discount
was offered if the asparagus had peeked at the light and had a light green
tinge.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted