[Magdalen] Prayer request for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 14:30:36 UTC 2015

The parishioners who are angry about our rector's dismissal of the
longtime organist and choirmaster and the parish administrator have
circulated a Constant Contact "open letter" to the rector and bishop
detailing their opposition to the moves and various aspects of how
they've been done. I'm not super happy about the changes either but
can look forward now to our eventual new director of music and the
good things s/he will be able to do. Most of all, it's not a conflict
I want to enter into.

Prayer and patience are what I very much believe we need. That'll be
my response to anyone today at church who wants to talk about this
stuff. God will be praised.

Still, it's discouraging to see a list of signers to the open
letter...this contributes to division and isn't necessary IMO. But
yes, they have a right to express how they feel.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA