[Magdalen] 50th Reunion

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 18:37:22 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/15/2015 1:58:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

>Great story, Jim.  You grandmother must have been some  kinda woman!>>>

There are those of us whose grandparents on both sides were long
dead before we were born.  How I would like to have seen them,  and
had some stories to report, first hand!

I recall a woman in her 60's in one of the choirs of which I've been  a
member, losing her grandmother, aged 97, who died peacefully of
natural causes.

I know she may have had a close relationship to her
grandmother, but even so, she carried on for months after her death
giving the illusion of a terrible, deep, horrible tragedy.  I was  silent
about this, except initially to give her the usual condolences.   Privately,
though, I thought she should have been giving thanks for the very
long and apparently fruitful life of her grandmother, rather than the
really excessive posturing that occurred.

I suppose this was her way of mourning, but it seemed  counterproductive
and even a big wonky considering our Christian hope for the  afterlife.

YMMV

David Strang.