[Magdalen] My Church

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 21:40:36 UTC 2015

... for which we are praying.  The people who have run the food bank as
their private empire for nearly 15 years have announced that they are
stopping at the end of June  and I believe the coordinator has told the
volunteers (her family, a very few from the church, and the rest friends
not from our church) that Corporation will run it now. Too bad she told
the Bishop first and us not at all, planning, rather, to tell Advisory
Board next week.  Undeterred, two of us will turn out on Tuesdays from
now on to shadow and to glean whatever information we can. We note that,
quite unnecessarily, the food bank information notices have been removed
from the notice boards.  Is this a scorched earth policy rearing its
ugly head?

And, too, those unpleasant people involved with the food bank who had
been absent from services during the last priest's time have now
apparently returned.

Marion, a pilgrim   ... today my sail I lift ....