[Magdalen] A Rose is a Rose.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 23:43:55 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/15/2015 4:51:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
F.von-Prondzynski at rgu.ac.uk writes:

Yes, for  the main High Mass we had rose pink vestments. Plenty of
flowers,m but not  on the altar 0- we never have flowers on the altar,
ever.

Ferdinand>>>>

The local Tridentines, who are sticklers for tradition, do not, of course,
put
flowers in the sanctuary near the high altar during Advent and Lent.

However, they do use flowers on the two side altars.  It was news to  me,
but the books on liturgy indicate that the no-flowers rule applies  only
to the high altar in a church.

And on the subject of side altars, you haven't really lived until you
have experienced two roughly simultaneous Masses being celebrated
at the side altars in plain view of the nave, right along with Solemn  High
Mass at the high altar.  Talk about divided attention!

David Strang.