[Magdalen] Prayers, please for my daughter-in-law

Georgia DuBose gdubose at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 00:22:09 UTC 2015

I have held off on posting this, because my daughter-in-law was very
specific about not wanting prayer requests on facebook. (I doubt she
knows I am on an Anglican email list that prays for people. I only
post requests for prayers on fb if people ask me to, but Jean has no
way of knowing that, either.)

In any case, after Christmas, Jean was diagnosed with breast cancer,
which was pretty much all we were told. Last week, son Joe gave us the
details. It is a lobular invasive carcinoma already in the lymph
glands, including one next to an artery that cannot be surgically
removed. The treatment will be chemo, which has begun, then removal of
both breasts, then radiation. From the description Joe gave, I am
guessing that it is Stage 3--at least, I am hoping that's what it is.

I have decided to ask for your prayers because I trust that Jean will
never know that I did, and because it sounds like she really needs
them. Jean is 43, and our grandchildren Colin and Cecilia are 12 and
8. Jean is the head fundraiser for the Leiber Institute in Baltimore,
which does research on the biochemistry of schizophrenia and other
brain anomalies.She is trying to keep working while undergoing chemo.
Joe, who is the head of the department of Housing and Urban
Development's low-cost housing program, and  has to commute from
Baltimore to the District to do his job, which has also involved lots
of travel to HUD low-cost housing sites throughout the United States,
has a lot to deal with right now.

Please keep Jean, Joe, Colin and Cecilia in your prayers. Also prayers
for Jean's parents, John and Gillian, would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Georgia+