[Magdalen] More Clergy DWI

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 04:51:08 UTC 2015

Oh heavens, I can just imagine, David!

Oddly enough this was my second bagpipe experrience in a few days though I
can't recall when I last heard the pipes.

St Andrew's College in Grahamstown, an Anglican school of fine tradition,
had some kind of anniversary celebration this weekend and we were there for
the horse riding. At our Saturday evening meal in a restaurant next to the
school fields, a piper started to play from somewhere up above the stands,
in the pitch dark. What an eerie sound especially in the night.

There's somethng about it that gets into the marrow of one's bones though.
Probably by now many of us have a bit of Scots somewhere in us, or perhaps
just an ancestral fear of them in battle array!!

Sally D