[Magdalen] A Rose is a Rose.

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Wed Mar 18 15:39:41 UTC 2015

Interesting, both Jo and Sally.  We always used flowers, IIRC, on Rose
Sunday, even in Lent.  No rose vestments at St. Peter's (where I serve
now), and even if we did get a memorial or bequest for worship
"accessories," I'd rather go blue in Advent than worry about the rose,
which are used exactly 2 days per year.  And we need a larger silver paten
- ours is too small, and wafers are always spilling off.

And funerals?  They are Easter services, and flowers are always
appropriate.  "Even at the grave...Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia."

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu