[Magdalen] Awareness/Memories.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Mar 19 16:19:59 UTC 2015

A number of events reported in the newspapers this past week
or so prompts me to ask the question about what age a child  needs
to be to remember events.

There is the Utah child who hung upside down in her family submerged
car, with water rushing inches from her face for something like 10  hours.
She was rescued and is physically all right.  Will she have a memory  of
this?  She was about 2.

There were other recent reports of bad events for children as young
as 1 year of age.  Will they remember?

Some of the online material implies it is about two years of age when
memory and self-awareness takes place.  But I wouldn't take the
stuff online as necessarily accurate.

Anyone know?

David S.