[Magdalen] More Clergy DWI

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Mar 19 16:43:41 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/19/2015 12:36:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

This is  a wise observation. One woman I knew couldn't succeed
in anything that  involved group process. She just couldn't listen,
had no empathy, didn't  understand at all.

I well remember her telling me that her psychiatrist  had warned
her against group therapy. It won't surprise you she thought  of
that as acknowledgement of her superiority. At one point she
was in  court-ordered AA and all she learned from it was how
much worse everyone  else was than she was.
-M>>>>

This is similar to my younger brother, Paul's, situation.  He  thought
he was simply too smart to engage in AA.  Well, he was the
smartest of the four brothers, but unfortunately not smart enough to
recognize help where it was available.  That feeling of  superiority
eventually killed him.

David Strang.