[Magdalen] Awareness/Memories.

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Thu Mar 19 20:21:42 UTC 2015

I have a memory from when I was 18 months old, like Jay.  We were in a very
sunny place, standing outside a long, green wooden building -- looked a
little like a summer camp dorm.  Someone fed me something very sour.  My
mom says we were at my uncle's in Arizona, and he fed me a lemon from the
tree in the back yard.

I also believe that just because we don't remember something consciously,
it lives on in our brain and our body.  Sometimes phobias, more or less
severe, are a result of these kinds of things -- panicking when one's face
is covered, for instance, or getting a little claustrophobic, or extreme
fear of fire.  Wonder if that baby will be afraid of water?  The memories
don't go away, they just go underground -- especially the traumatic ones.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu