[Magdalen] prayers for discernment

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu Mar 26 14:15:12 UTC 2015

We discarded so much when we moved that the co-op board was complaining that the
trash company would slap a surcharge on us. "You should have ordered your own
dumpster."

And that was in addition to all the furniture we gave away and the stuff we sold
on eBay or through Craig's List.

Yet I still have about 30 cartons here that are not unpacked, because I have to
continue on EBay or find space for the stuff. Some of these contain audio
material (such as some rare, otherwise unavailable radio programs) that I had
expected to transfer to disk or hard-drive. But I can’t find anyone who can
replace the belts for me on either my tape recorder or high-end cassette
machine, so the cartons remain.

Albert once had a friend who told hi we should move every year to keep down the
clutter. However, she was not one who ever read a book, AFAIK.

Cheers,
Jim