[Magdalen] 2nd priest in SC returns to The Episcopal Church

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 28 13:48:57 UTC 2015

From: Ginga Wilder

>And, nope.  This is not about property.  TEC and TECSC have just appealed
>the SC Circuit Court decision on behalf of the Lawrence Church.  You may
>read that announcement here:

http://www.episcopalchurchsc.org/news-release-march-24-2015.html

If it's not about property, why spend money on an appeal?

I've spent a lot of time and years on vestries and vestry committees -- and I
can't believe that even on parish in SC followed Lawrence out of TEC (the real
one) without the Rector leading the charge. But are you saying if these clergy
come back, it's only on their own and they suddenly no longer have any influence
over its congregation and vestry?

Now if you said the two clergy members who've come back were disconnected from
their parishes (or any parish) that might be worth noting. Is that the case?

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie