[Magdalen] 65th Anniversary of the Class of 1950

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 07:48:45 UTC 2015

A while ago, Camille received a letter headed Saint Mary's Dominican High
School which started

"Hi Girls,
Dearie do you remember when we came to Dominican. We were a bunch of Green
Freshmen. Well that was 65 years ago and we are still here and anxious to
get together and celebrate."

After going through the details of the reunion, it ended

"We had such fun together during our school days. It would be wonderful to
see you again and reminisce."

"Sincerely yours,"

I loved this letter and Camille remembered the person who wrote the email
and liked the idea of going. At first I worried about the expense of a trip
from L.A. to New Orleans and that Camille would remember none of it, but
anyway decided she would have a wonderful time with the other 80+ year
olds. I thought it would be too much for the two of us and invited any one
of Camille's three daughters to accompany Camille on the trip. Camille's
middle daughter who is in her late forties volunteered first and will go. I
spoke with the letter writer and advised her of Camille's condition and
that her daughter would be coming along.

When another of her classmates heard about the trip, she volunteered an
empty small house that has a bedroom on top and a bedroom on the first
floor plus the bathroom and, I suppose, a kitchen and living room, and
then, even the use of her car.  I thought the offer was wonderful and now
really knew that Camille and daughter will be in good hands.

The reunion is the weekend of the 24th and 25th of April. Tickets are
bought and she'll fly there on April 23rd and back the 26th.

Peace,
Allan Carr