[Magdalen] speaking of downsizing...Stuff it: Millennials nix their parents’ treasures - The Washington Post

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:40:02 UTC 2015

From: "Judy Fleener"
> I am like you, Lynn.  I am also old enough to regret it a bit.  I did give
> the family sterling to a daughter in law.

... and my mom hung on to *almost* everything and so after 4 years in the
care home where she has lived since her stroke (4/11) my sister and I
started going through everything about 18 months ago and it is cleaned out
and ready to sell.  Only problem is, I have added *at least* 30% quantity to
my condo... and really have to have a reality check soon.... have gone
through old pix and am sending them to aunts, cousins (some of whom are in
their 80s) and to my kids... I just want to see them for fun, and then I
really don't care what they do with them.  The china, the furniture - that's
the stuff that is either hard to part with (my own, because I have too much)
or my moms (because no one wants it, lovely as it is)... I am a big
supporter of donating, so I've already done a lot of that, and I'm sure it
will continue.

Lynn

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com