[Magdalen] Good Friday

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 03:11:03 UTC 2015

Did "All Glory, Laud and Honor" with the Lutherans this year. It's bad
enough they messed with the words, but their new hymnal screws with the
harmonies, too...and not in a good way. I didn't care, I belted out the
alto part I knew, and it didn't clash. No "Ride On, Ride On," and not
even "O Sacred Head"!  We were, however, treated to a fine rendition of
"The Holy City" by our big out-of-control tenor, who is really a quite
likeable guy, he just never learned to tone it down.