[Magdalen] Terminology query (was Re: speaking of downsizing...)

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:19:38 UTC 2015

The tall 'chest' with cupboard on one side, desk on the other and drawers
beneath, is commonly (and only to my knowledge) found in antique stores
here. I'm not sure what it is called, but not a bureau.  There is also a
tall what appears to be a chest and about waist height, the false front of
one of the apparent drawers drops down and pulls out for a nicely 'hidden'
desk. I've also only seen these in antique stores and have no idea if they
are still made or what they're called.  I laugh when I realize that the
'age' at which furniture is considered an antique has included many more
items in that category since antique furniture first caught my eye 45 years
ago! LOL

Lynn

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com