[Magdalen] awakened by birdsong

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Tue Mar 31 22:48:52 UTC 2015

Just got back from Mass., where a little more bare ground is showing through
the snow each day. Normally, we'd have daffodils blooming by now, and (if I
still had a garden there), I would have just put in spinach and peas.
However, the daffodils have yet to poke their heads out of the ground, never
mind blooming, and what was the garden is still covered with snow. Spring
will come - eventually.

Up here in VT, we've had birds singing for some time now, but, of course,
only the winter residents: chickadees, woodpeckers, blue jays, etc. In just
a few weeks the first of the migrants will start arriving and we'll be
"entertained" by the monotonous and ever-present call of the phoebes.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com