[Magdalen] From Dio Maryland

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri May 1 21:53:42 UTC 2015

On 01/05/2015 20:26, Jay Weigel wrote:
> Yikes. That is more than a wrist slap. However, since Bp. Cook--I guess we
> had better just call her Ms. Cook henceforth--was less than honest with
> herself as well as with the church, I think it is deserved. Hard lines on
> her though.

I think it was necessary and I suspect that behind the scenes there have
been negotiuations leading to this doual announcement today. Heather
Cook's position within the Church was untenable and has now been brought
to an end so the Church can move on, hopefully wiser as a result of what
has happened in the past five years.  (I mention that period to include
the 2010 incident.)

Meanwhile when Heather Cook appears before the court for her trial she
is no longer a priest of TEC and will be treated as a private citizen,
which should allow her to move on in her new situation.

Roger