[Magdalen] PB nominees

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun May 3 07:43:32 UTC 2015

On 03/05/2015 02:13, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> In a message dated 5/2/2015 5:27:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> cervus51 at gmail.com writes:
>
> That is  what I
> meant when I said that I do have a small part to play in that  process as I
> am not only a member of the
> House of Deputies, but am also  on the Committee on Confirmation of the
> Presiding Bishop which will be the  first to review the election by the
> House of  Bishops.>>>>>
>
> Wouldn't it be simpler just to submit a name to the Queen and get her
> approval?   :-)

Some years ago I attended tyhe consecrations of bishops according to our
respective rites.  At the first one the Archdeacon of Canterbury read
out a legal document that effectively saud "Dear George, please
consecrate David as a bishop, Elizabeth" though it was much longe than that.

On the second occasion a number of people crammed into the pilpit to
read a number of certificates of election, of the consent of others to
that election and of the suitability of the candidate to be a bishop.
++Frank was then able to proceed.  I thought at the time that the former
procedure had more dignity and gravitas.

Roger