[Magdalen] Youth Sunday

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun May 3 22:19:18 UTC 2015

Our May "crowning" at the 11 a.m. Solemn Mass was a solemn procession with
station at the already crowned BVM statue, where the shrine was censed and
the Regina caeli recited before we moved to the altar to cense it and
continue with Mass. I do remember the use of a step ladder and the holding
up of a little girl so she could crown the BVM, but that was some years
ago. Previously this Sunday would have been called the annual Marian
Festival. Today's Marian hymns: Hail, holy Queen enthroned above (Salve
Regina Coelitum), and Sing we of the blessed Mother (Hymn 278, Rustington).

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA