[Magdalen] Youth Sunday

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon May 4 03:20:18 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/3/2015 11:03:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

So is  this instead of the Feast of the Assumption on August 15th? I
thought that was  when the big celebration of Mary took  place.>>>>>

There are numerous feastdays of the Virgin Mary on various calendars,

It starts with New Years Day which is the Solemnity of Mary, through
2nd February which is Purification, March 25th which is the  Annunciation
and on it goes.

The biggies for Mary in the RCC are the Feast of the Assumption
on 15th August, and Immaculate Conception on 8th December.

Then there are the First Fridays, and routine Marian Masses on
Saturdays (sometimes in blue vestments).

The Crowning of Mary is done in May, and is a paraliturgical service
not connected to a formal liturgy, at least in my experience.

David Strang.