[Magdalen] Youth Sunday

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon May 4 12:20:41 UTC 2015

From: Scott Knitter

>It's in addition to the Assumption, Annunciation, and other Marian feasts. It's
>often just an addition to the Sunday Mass on one Sunday in May. For instance,
> >our readings were those for Easter 5 in the BCP lectionary and the sermon
>focused on those, not the BVM.

So many TEC parishes these days have a significant number of members who are
refugees from Rome, there's a lot of interest in these kinds of Marian
observances. Of course it annoys the heck out of the cradle Prots, but it wouldn’t
be church without [occasional?] conflict now would it? <g>.

And save for the stuffiest of A-C parishes, it's a great way to engage children
in the liturgy (for parishes which find engaging children important).

Cheers,
Jim